Winner of the 2011 World Habitat Award
Healthabitat has won international and national awards that recognise that the Housing for Health methodology improves peoples health by improving the living environment.
2011 – Healthabitat, winner of the UN Habitat and Building and Social Housing Foundation’s World Habitat Award
HH sent the award around to our teams across the country so that the fingerprints from the thousands of hands that have improved people’s health over the years could leave their mark.Learn More
Photo: CAAHC team from Alice Springs with the World Habitat award!
As part of winning the award, HH sent the trophy around the country so that the thousands of hands that have helped with the work over the years could leave their own mark.
Photo: Project Manager Tim Short (L) and Team Leader Danilla Rainow (R) with the World Habitat award!
Photo: Director Stephi Rainow with the World Habitat award and a UPK Ute!
More Awards architecture, health, publications, exhibitions...
- Healthabitat chosen as one of the six Australian representatives for the Venice International Architectural Biennale
- Healthabitat, winner of the UN Habitat and Building and Social Housing Foundation’s World Habitat Award
- Healthabitat, Winner of the Australian Institute of Architects, Leadership in Sustainability Prize
- Australian Institute of Architects Special Jury Prize for architectural contribution to Indigenous housing over 25 years
- International Union of Architects (UIA) Vassilis Sgoutas Prize, Group award to Healthabitat for the alleviation of poverty, awarded in Turin, Italy
- Public Health Association of Australia, Impact Award, for the public health project with the greatest impact on public health.
- Royal Australian Institute of Architects, President’s Award, for the publication of the book Housing for Health: Towards an improved living environment for Aboriginal Australians