Safety and the 9 Healthy Living Practices
HLP 6. Reducing the negative effects of animals, insects and vermin
People’s health can be affected by contact with animals, vermin and insects in the living environment. Vermin are pests or nuisance animals, especially those that threaten human society.
People’s health is badly affected by contact with animals, vermin and insects in the living environment.
- Mosquito borne illnesses,
- Chronic gut parasite carried by dogs,
- Dustmites causing increased levels of asthma,
- Flies carrying trachoma bacteria that impacts on eye health,
- Mice and rats attacking electrical cables and water pipes.
Read more via Housing for Health – The Guide:
A design and specification tool for anyone worldwide who is interested in the detailed links between housing and health.
The Housing for Health methodology is based on Safety and the 9 Healthy Living Practices. These Practices link your health and the place where you live, anywhere in the world. The Healthy Living Practices are prioritized on the basis of existing public health knowledge and their likely impact on health.